Return to News & Blog
This time of year we pause to reflect on our blessings.
The many reasons why we’re thankful to work in senior living:
- We get to work for and alongside some of the brightest and most inspiring people of any industry.
- Helping others find compassionate care and engaged living is eternally fulfilling.
- Listening to older adults share their life stories and understanding the importance of one’s own legacy is powerfully moving.
- We love being on the leading edge of a digital revolution, with the opportunity to communicate with older adults in new and exciting ways.
- We have a front-row seat in the senior living classroom where we are each learning new ways to live a more fulfilling life.
- The gratitude, grace and appreciation older adults exhibit for how we listen, guide, counsel and care for their well-being is inspirational.
- The benefit of life lessons gained from the knowledge and experience that seniors share with us.
- We’re at the forefront of tectonic (and exciting!) shifts in the way we view retirement living.
- We’re here to witness the coming of age of boomers and their impact and influence on everything from architecture, to lifestyle and to advertising in senior living.
- The work is demanding, challenging and often exhausting but knowing that our efforts add a value to our clients, community partners, residents and future residents is priceless and beyond measure.
- Being leaders in an industry that has shifted from a care focus to a supportive successful aging focus.
- To see innovative changes in care-focused initiatives and intergenerational movements.
- The ability to witness a shift away from ageism and towards embracement of the many great facets of aging.
- Knowing we can positively influence a person’s life trajectory leaves you feeling pretty good at the end of the day.